Thursday, August 11, 2011

Singing for our supper

I have never sung so much as I have as a mummy. All day long there are things to sing about and its often a winning distraction for an irritable baby or unstoppable toddler.

Early on, we did a round robin of baa baa black sheep, the alphabet song and twinkle twinkle little star which all kind of sounded the same. I'm not sure if they're meant to be similar, but bub didn't mind. He didn't even mind if one of the bags of wool was for the little boy down the drain. We have since graduated to the Giggle and Hoot CD and thank heavens for Justine Clarke.   Her songs are quite funny to listen to with adult ears - check Swinging and Watermelon from "I Like to Sing" and Sticky Monster from "Great Big World". Or maybe it's just my perverse husband?

Anyway, once I let my inner critic go and embraced the lack of self consciousness that little people have, I've really enjoyed having a sing. I know it won't last and soon enough he'll be embarrassed by ME. Bwhahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment